- BE FLEXIBLE for the best Bargains
- Communicate with your travel agent what (type of travel), where (destination), when (what time of year), and how (what is the budget you are most comfortable with). Each of these important bits of information helps assure you of receiving the travel expertise you expect and deserve. It is even better when you receive above and beyond what you expect, and our goal is to provide great lasting memories plus those above and beyond experiences.
- When new travel products are introduced often there are GREAT prices.
Book as early as possible for new cruise ships, new resorts, new flight schedules.
Keep in mind that NEW and reduced prices may mean that everything is not perfect yet; but if you are understanding, these can be great savings and wonderful experiences.
Example: Disney resort in Hawaii – This will open for reservation August 1st
New Cruise Ship- Royal Caribbean Allure
Change in ownership All Inclusive Resort – Rivera Maya
- Register with your travel agent at Breton Travel to receive emails sent by our agency. Ann from Breton Travel sends out very valuable travel tips and notes. In addition, our select travel suppliers send weekly emails of their best values. We NEVER allow our email lists to be used by anyone that is not represented By Breton Travel.
In 2009 Ann gave away a 3 day Mexico vacation to a lucky winner of a drawing exclusive for our email recipients.
- Travel in less traveled seasons or for fewer travel days
Alaska in late April, early May or Sep
Caribbean or Mexico in July or Nov, December (except Holidays), January
Last Minute Deals - Check the Apple Vacations Tab for great Deals
Europe Fall or Winter
Example: Christmas Market River Cruises 2 for 1 air and cruise
- Take airline flights with unique schedules or different airports.
International travel – change airports en route such as; New York or London
Long layover in London and change of airport is required
Domestic travel – “red-eye” flight from West coast or LasVegas, early morning flights with connections can be less.
Be flexible by a day to two and ask an agent to locate lowest fares.
- Some Tour operators give a discount for full payment when making a reservation or being a past passenger.
Uniworld Egypt River Cruise and Tour
- If you and your friends enjoy traveling together, invite others and ask your travel agent about groups of 10 to 16 traveler discounts. By assisting your agent with such groups you may receive greatly reduced cost or you can choose to share the discount with all travelers.
- Be patient and be decisive when needed. If you have a reasonable budget and you have communicated the information to your agent, check back with your agent once a week. Be ready to make your deposit when the right arrangements are available.
Example: Apple Vacations change their specials every Sunday
Include insurance that will allow reducing your cost if lower prices come later.
- Travel in luxury at ordinary pricing. If deluxe or luxury travel is your preference there are many good values for you. Specials from the leading deluxe and luxury travel providers offer 2 for 1 or free airfare or past passenger specials and again those off-season good deals.
Example: October New England cruise on Cunard Queen Mary 2 starting at $595 plus taxes/fees
- Don’t confuse “Value” with “Cheap”. A Value is when you receive goods and services that are to your liking and enjoyment at a reasonable cost to you. Cheap on the other hand is when you pay less for something that may not relate to satisfaction or quality. On the other hand, one person’s “Cheap” may be someone else’s “Value”. This is where the real value of a good travel agent comes into play. They can help you find the “Value” that is best for you and your lifestyle.
Some sales are very time sensitive; Example 3 days only Holland America – fares start at only $499 plus taxes and fees for a 7 day Caribbean cruise with several dates to chose from. Even better, some have free or greatly reduced rates for 3rd and 4th person in the cabin.
All of the above examples may or may not be available at the time of your request. We will do our best to provide the best value for your request. We reserve the right to correct any errors or omissions in this document.